1) My sister Runtie brought me this ad, clipped last week from the Ol' Mountain Trader in Beckley, West-by-Gawd-Virginia. She also assured me that our parents had nothing to do with it.
Oddly enough, I have described myself as "free for hauling" in my eHarmony profile.
2) Speaking of Runtie, she was here yesterday, leading to the following exchange as we perused the "Tibetan Prayer Flag, Incense, and Other Things That Will Make Your Neighbors Assume That You Sell Weed and Sometimes They Will Hint At This When They See You In The Parking Garage" section of Whole Foods.
Runtie: The package says it's a paper making kit.
Me: I'd like to know if they've ever sold one of these. Who sits at home making paper?
Runtie: I don't know, but I would like to meet that person if only to congratulate them for having a sadder life than me.
3) Thank you to everyone who left a topic suggestion in my previous post. You can look forward to updates on Peru, the store, Pigpen, and, um, monkeys within the next few days. Especially monkeys.
4) You asked for the Boxerbeast, you shall receive the Boxerbeast.
Dr. H.B. Pigglesworth at repose following a long day of destruction and enthusiastic pawing at the crotch of an HVAC repairman during a brief but awkward elevator ride. Not pictured: The safety pins holding the pillow together after spending last evening in Dr. Pigglesworth's jaws.
5) I'm going back to buy a paper making kit. Between that and the rock tumbler, my Friday night had better strap itself down.