So I've continued to bask in the glow of Tuesday's House premiere which I thought did a great job of setting up what has been rumored be this season's major conflict--Wilson's resignation due to House being an all-around douchecake. Despite how the episode ended (OMG SPOILER ALERT) I'm sure Wilson won't be gone forever because trying to quit Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital is like trying to get out of the Hotel California. Yes, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave. You will, however, be reassigned to the Emergency Room. In the meantime, J-Wil can mope around until mid-season wearing an expression that says "My best friend killed my girlfriend and all I got was this lousy t-shirt and also this debilitating depression."
It was also nice to see that the show won't be deviating from the formula that's served it so well for the previous four years. I'm plagiarizing myself here* but for the uninitiated, being a patient at Princeton-Plainsboro means you will
- Receive an initial diagnosis--which may or may not be lupus--and show signs of recovery before...
- Developing additional symptoms and receiving additional treatment that you won’t respond to.
- Repeat as necessary before…You begin frothing at the mouth, convulsing, and/or bleeding from the butt and…
- Start loading your things into Death’s U-Haul before…An offhand, seemingly unrelated comment makes House realize he missed something important and
- You’ll most likely be cured and will be so relieved that you won’t even consider suing the hospital for the unnecessary tests, botched diagnosis and the fact that they sawed your legs off/removed your tongue/detonated your liver/etc.
*Not a euphemism
** I promise that the next post will not be about any Fox television shows and will instead be about some other aspect of my life that I've managed to bungle.